- Full interment in coffins made of cardboard, softwood, wicker or any readily biodegradable materials only are permitted.
- Floral tributes will be removed after approximately seven days following date of burial.
A recycled Oak plaque will be placed on the grave bearing details(if provided) of the name and lifespan of the deceased.
- Tree planting is undertaken by the management in the dormant season, usually October/November.
- Nothing other than the plaque provided and a tree will be permitted on the grave. We reserve the right to remove any ornaments or decorations that we feel do not adhere to this condition. Please see our Grave Memorials page.
- The Management Plan of the burial ground will be adopted as agreed from time to time with the relevant Wildlife Trust, other applicable Conservation Trust and/or Local Authority and will be implemented at the sole discretion of the Management.
- Reservations are conditional upon receipt of payment in full with completed application form.
- No interment will be permitted without the appropriate Registrar’s Certificate or Coroner’s Order for Burial.
- No exhumation or re-opening of the grave will be permitted under any circumstances, except by direction of a Court of Law.
- Due to the extreme changes in climate, coupled with a very high population of rabbits, rodents and small mammals, we at Muchwood cannot guarantee the longevity of memorial trees, plaques and shrubs. It is, therefore, the responsibility of family and friends of the deceased to assist Muchwood ground staff to maintain all our natural memorials. Free tree/shrub protectors are provided to assist you. Water is available from a water butt on site.
- Any bench on our site immediately becomes the property of Muchwood for health and safety and insurance reasons as we are liable for any potential injuries caused while using them. We have the right to move or remove any bench we deem to be unsafe or unsightly without notice.
- Muchwood reserve the right to amend any of these terms and conditions depending upon the circumstances and feedback from Muchwood friends, relatives and interested parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who owns Muchwood?
Can I pay in instalments for a reservation?
What happens to my money?
What if Muchwood goes into liquidation?
What if Muchwood is sold?
Do you do double depth plots?
Do you bury pets at Muchwood?
Can I bury two lots of ashes in one plot?
Yes we allow a maximum of two lots of ashes (in urns or ashes caskets) to be buried in one half grave plot, at the same time at no extra cost.
Can I buy a memorial bench?
You can purchase a hardwood bench with wooden name plaque from us. They cost £175. We only allow a limited number of benches, so that we are not inundated with them . If you would like a bench please let us know as we have a waiting list. When a bench is too weathered and disintegrated we will replace it with the next one on the list. This gives everyone an opportunity to have one.